Friday, January 28, 2011

starbucks

I am sitting in a Starbucks and grooving to their selected soundtrack. I am a Johnny come lately to experiencing the benefits
of the corporate kaffeeklatch. Wanting a refuge, I was eager to learn the protocol. Questions percolated as quickly as a "viva brew", is a subway-chain cup contraband? is talking on a mobile phone above a certain level blatantly disrespecting my fellow members of the Starbucks community.

Participating in the community recharges my creative spirit and my sense of optimism about our larger community. I feel completely at peace leaving my work product to engage in outdoor conversations and I marvel when observing conversations as diverse as the coffee selections. The respectful communication among the employees and the respect of individual spaces among shared space is completely refreshing in today's society. A dear friend teases me that a Starbucks Carroll is my new office, an office space that contains a twin atmosphere of acceptance? How do I get so lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment