Monday, January 31, 2011

religion

I have a blind-date with a Muslim. I am having a burka bedazzled
as I write this, keep your fingers crossed. Religion was a hot topic during my mother's final days on earth.

Nurses would say good-bye to my mum, with each greeting, I received a religious education. A particular conversation left an
indelible mark. She informed me that if my mother accepts Jesus
Christ as her lord and savior, my mum was in a coma, my mother would
go straight to heaven. There is nothing like a direct flight, I did
not realize Jesus was a travel agent.

I envy the refuge of an unwavering belief system. Theories guide
my behavior. Ultimately I am just not sure, my overriding thought is that my inconsistent emotional investment might be what is keeping me from the peace of the refuge.

No comments:

Post a Comment