Sunday, January 9, 2011

fashion mission

Wanting to look less like life's before picture, I recruited one of my gay best friends for a fashion consultation. A gentle mission quickly transformed into
a fashion boot camp with the sales associates enlisted as privates. Clothes were
being draped over the fitting room door faster then hostess cupcakes on a conveyor
belt and when I emerged donning the selected garment, my friend's face was of a dentist that had misjudged the size of a cavity. Hope was not lost, the fashion veneer just had to be applied from a different angle. When I was not struck dumb for his passion for accessories, "you must elongate, Rebecca", I would ask "are you sure this does not make me look like Bea Arthur in maude"?. My beloved stylist would wave me away seeking confirmation of specific wardrobe basics. black bras,spanx and sunglasses
Even though we suffered for his art, my closet is a new home to some striking ensembles and elongate has been added to my vocabulary.

1 comment:

  1. LMAO! Love the comments about the clothing-slinging assimilating Hostess cupcakes on a conveyor belt. Keep up the comedic work!

    ReplyDelete