Sunday, January 23, 2011

signs from heaven

A pebble in my shoe affected my emotional standing after my mother's death. I did
not hug my mother during the final days of her life because her skin lacked moisture and I was afraid to hurt her. Our hands and spirits connected, not shoulder
to shoulder. My grief was laced with an envy for my sister, she would enter our
mum's room and scoop my mom up in her arms. The brown eyes of my mother perfectly
reflected the joy in being embraced by both my sister's verbal and physical love.

The night of my first open mic night, my mother returned to my life. The evening started with finding a ring that she had given me and I feared lost. The evening
ended with a girl emerging from the audience to hug me in the exact way my mum
would hug me. This random act of kindness removed my pebble and restored my emotional posture.

No comments:

Post a Comment