Thursday, January 20, 2011

emotional double agent

How do you talk to yourself? I find myself verbalizing negative self evaluations
that are a completely unrealistic self portrait, the sad frustration is how automatic the words eject from my mouth and define the perfect illustration of
a reflex. The split second the words arrive in the listener's ear, my inner voice
immediately contradicts my outer voice splashed in the colors of curiosity and a desired prevention of all future sabotage from my emotional double agent. Negative
self talk can weigh me down like soaked tennis shoes emerging from a river, each coment adds a layer of water and limits social mobility.
The key to drying out the shoes is an oldie but a goodie, thinking before I talk
and surrounding myself with people that do not elicit nervous behavior. The people
that believe in me catch me when I start to not present a true image of myself and I
am grateful for their self-briefings

No comments:

Post a Comment