Thursday, January 6, 2011

books

A favorite condolence note regarding my mum's death was that she was in heaven with her nose in a book, my nose in a book is my idea of heaven. Books are my greatest companion, going to the library is like going to Disneyland. A stack of randomly selected books doubles as a literary slot machine when a sentence that perfectly articulates how I am feeling will emerge from the book's contents. Life lessons will spring from the pages of biographies reinforcing a navigation from auto-pilot to self propels ion in other parts of my non-reading life.

Books eradicate my loneliness, anxiety about the unknown and my craving for cheesecake. Reams of the written word was the focal point of my first blind date
and the cornerstone of most of my favorite memories.. I would explain, yet
I just bought a book that I am itching to start.

1 comment:

  1. Rather than racing to your book and leaving us hanging, we'd LOVE to hear your explanation.... Signed, With Baited Breath

    ReplyDelete