Sunday, January 2, 2011

eternal love

I honoured my mum by attending a service at her place of worship on her first birthday after her death. The focus of the service was meditation. We sat in a sea
of silence concentrating on how to better perfect our relationship with quiet. Periods of meditations were laced with talks on how to become more at peace with our inner being. As I sat with my eyes closed, hoping for the best, my whole body and soul was transported to a place in a forest, surrounded by mature redwoods in a white nightshirt and bare feet, I went to hug each tree and the bark pushed my body
away, stepping away with each tree's rejection, I looked down at my chest and saw
red valentines day shape heart beating through the white of my gown.Just maybe the trees represented the first people I turned to for the love that would create the path to self love the path needs to start with eternal love to be propelled to
the best routes to external love.

1 comment:

  1. You're speaking my organic language with the images of trees being people. This is beautiful and the imagery of the red heart through your white gown is profound. I was at peace while reading this.

    ReplyDelete