Saturday, January 29, 2011

my evening with alan arkin

A nearly chance encounter with an Oscar winner proved to be a substantial brick in a walkway to a better life. Word came over the computer monitor that Alan Arkin was participating in a talk at the phoenix art museum. I flew on wings of desire and hands empty of a ticket,the marriage of confidence and motivation planted my feet securely in line for the museum's "will call". Feeling like a young sprite among the
older museum members, I emerged victorious with a singular ticket in my digits. Sitting in a sea of bespectacled Jews, I decided to ask the underrated actor a question. The Jews are my chosen people and quiet Jews leave me limp with absorption.

Shortly after stabbing the air with my arm, the host selected me and I informed
Alan Arkin that I am enraptured by his use of silence in films. The question began
a sweet dialogue, he said it was the nicest compliment he had ever received and I responded that I was glad I said it. (then) The auditorium erupted in laughter, not clear why .. but I digress

Do not ever believe that your words do not have power. Preventing your true expression is preventing the cultivation of your true self. Think about it!?

No comments:

Post a Comment