Wednesday, January 26, 2011

facebook

My immediate thought when receiving a birth announcement was that it could be an affirmation of being confirmed as her connection on linked in. I alternate my obsessions between facebook and linkedin.

A baby obsession came fast and furious out the birth canal of face book when a grade school friend treated my face book friend request with a deaf keyboard. I kept telling myself to not jump to conclusions and perhaps he was to busy to be on face book, then I would see our mutual friend list grow and I believe with almost certainty that the members of the shared list did not play with him on the monkey bars or ride the merry go round together. Conversely
I spent Friday nights, at his parents house, listening to Stevie nicks and discussing how I wanted to raise our kids Jewish.

Left with no choice, I was driven to call one of his best friends. Questioning the friend " why is Theo treating me like Eva Braun"? his response was that I should let it go.
MMMM! Just what should I be letting go? What more is he not telling me?

No comments:

Post a Comment