Sunday, February 20, 2011

cockiness

standing in a dark corner,rehearsing my lines while flirting with the possibility of a laughter graveyard looming in my future. A girl sprung from the darkness to inform me that she was also performing and that I did not need to rehearse my lines. She bombed and I did not. Laughter can be elusive and I do not want my poor performances to be a reason for humiliation. Poor performances are watering my blossoming attitude of gratitude for the approving audiences and I do not want to ever take the approval of an audience for granted.

1 comment:

  1. Even MORE reason to follow your gut. Only YOU know what you need to do to be successful and comfortable on stage. Congrats on your last performance, Rebecca. You ROCKED the stage AND the house!

    ReplyDelete