Sunday, June 23, 2013

Volcano of Garbage


The host informed me she was ready to make a change.  I wanted to help..I thought it would be a powerful human experience..I wanted to make use of each of my vacant days prior to starting my new job.

We started in the kitchen..she had a dustpan that looked like a kin to a shovel..she would sweep the large pieces of paper into the the yellow large cavity..I would hold different things up and ask if the
items were still viable..or past due..all still unwrapped..

As we worked together..she spoke excitedly of how she would feel once the debris was removed and a fresh start would begin..I wanted it for her..

Discovering the range of what had erupted from an,appearing, volcano of garbage was stunning...decade old licenses..hair products..trip mementos..and  then WE SAW IT:

A PACKAGE OF RAW HAMBURGER..BLACKENED FROM BEING BURIED UNDER TRASH ON HER KITCHEN FLOOR


We were able to clear the kitchen floor the first day of "our project" ..that night at dinner she told her
son that she had to stop me from throwing away his things..


No comments:

Post a Comment