Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Layer of Paper and Plastic


My east coast host picked me from the Boston airport. ..her car was packed with an assortment of STUFF..I figured it was intended for a salvation army drop..on the way to the house, she said, "Now my house is a little messy"

I walked into the house..and what I saw..knocked the wind out of me..the kitchen floor was covered with large pieces of trash..pizza boxes..used underwear..an array of unopened mail..unmatched shoes..

the living room had a collection of to- go cups with sodas of a various ages that doubled as hatcheries of fruit fly type bugs..the carpets and the walls had inches of animal hair attached to them..

There was no clear surfaces anywhere..what if a resident needed  a surface to use a pen and paper..

crackling noises  were invoked whenever a foot moved on the man-made floor layer of paper and plastic

I was,now, living with a hoarder..



No comments:

Post a Comment