Friday, August 20, 2010

the golden rule

I treat most of the people I encounter (in my daily life) as I would like to be treated.. literally.. which has prompted the discovery that I am NEED-DEE! A signal of this affliction may have been when, during my first OA meeting, I had to affirm to each participant that they were brave to attend the meeting. A behavior that violates protocol which later explained the blair witch project type stares.

My looks have been a consistent source of painful evaluation. Periods were void of
new introductions of people or enviornments because I did not have the emotional strength to hear that my looks did not match my incredible insides always to be followed with maybe a black suit would help, we say this because we care. Due to this I zero in on the members of society that appear to need the most verbal approval about their looks and become their companion for life. An unexpected upside is that complements can be small talk and dual as a creative endeavor.I was hugged with relief that I could eat up any of my friend's visits with complements about their body parts, resulting in no discussions regarding my looks. PERFECT RIGHT?

While I was under the impression reducing anxiety in others about their looks would create my peace and healing. NO SUCH LUCK! Ironically I may have been sending out the exact contrarian impression I wanted to release, put good looking people at a premium and the ignore the rest. Long-distance healing does not work, healing like politics is best served local.

No comments:

Post a Comment